Rishikesh is very much famous across the globe as the yoga capital of India and has been very much successful in earning a name when the popular English rock band visited this place in the 1960s. While spending time at the Ashram, everyone will be able to enjoy the spiritual vibe of the city, but that’s not the only thing that the city provides because it is capable of providing people with a good number of other benefits and reasons to visit it today itself. So, if you are interested in eliminating the stress from your life, then you should book from 5 star hotels in Rishikesh and following are some of the basic places that you should visit in this city:
- Laxman Jhula: This is one of the most prominent places in the city of Rishikesh, which is an approximately 450 feet long suspension bridge located at a height of 70 feet from the river. It was built in 1939 and is one of the most important attractions of the city because it is the place where Lord Lakshmana crossed the Ganga River on a jute rope. You can find out plenty of restaurants and cafes on the side of this particular area so that everybody can enjoy a lot.
- Ram Jhula Rishikesh: Few miles downstream from the Lakshman Jhula is the Ram Jhula which is very much similar in terms of construction and structure, but this particular bridge was built in 1980, a little later than the Lakshman Jhula. As you cross the bridge, you will be witnessing the Himalayas speaking out of the clouds on clear days and the Ganga River gushing down in full flow. This particular bridge is also very much successful and licking to popular ashrams of this particular town where people come each day to enjoy spirituality.
- Sri Bharat Mandir Rishikesh: This is one of the oldest temples in the entire city and has been very well dedicated to Lord Hrishikesh Narayanan. This particular glorious temple has been very well linked with a good number of mythological stories associated with it, and for foreign example, it has been believed that Pandavas, whenever they were on their way to heaven, planned out stay at this particular temple and worship the Lord Rishikesh. This place is one of the most important places because Lord Buddha also visited this particular place, and later on, it was converted into a monastery for a few years. So, if you are interested in digging deeper into the historical aspects, then definitely visiting this place is a good idea.
- Triveni Ghats: This is one of the most famous options to be visited in the city of Rishikesh that ultimately helps in providing you with the best opportunity of watching the evening, Aarti. The purity of the Ganga that will be coming from the river will definitely be spread across the entire area, and ultimately this is very much considered to be sacred as per Hindu mythology is believed. A dip in this particular holy water will definitely be helpful in eliminating all the SINS of the individuals and helps in making sure that everyone will be able to enjoy proper mentioning into the epics of Ramayana and the Mahabharata.
- Beatles Ashram Rishikesh: This is very well located, approximately around 18 km from the city centre and is one of the most important places to be visited. After this particular Ashram, the Beatles had a changed outlook on Indian spirituality, which ultimately changed the entire world. This place is not very well maintained properly, but still, it looks very much difficult and spending some of the hours over here and meditating is definitely a good idea for individuals to enjoy a stress-free life.
- Neelkanth Mahadev Temple: This is located approximately only 30 km away from the city and is one of the most important pilgrimage places for the individuals associated with Lord Shiva. Visiting this place is definitely a good idea as per the Hindu mythology because it is very well believed that the temple was built on the same spot where Lord Shiva drank the venom, which was later extracted after churning the ocean to open the elixir of life. Visiting this place is definitely one of the best decisions that people can make so that they can enjoy it a lot.
- Raghunath Temple Rishikesh: This is one of the most important places which is dedicated to Lord Rama and his wife, Goddess Sita. A good number of religious ceremonies take place over here almost every day, which is the main reason that visiting it is definitely a good idea for individuals.
- Kunja Puri Devi Temple: This particular place is situated on a small hill, and you have to climb approximately 80 steps to reach this particular place. This is one of the most important members of the list of 52 Shakti PEETHS, due to which it is very well crowded on the weekends. So, visiting this place is definitely a good idea for the individuals.
- Vashisth caves: Visiting this place is definitely important because this is a place which is associated with the saint who lived and meditated till the end of their life over here. It is very well located in a beautiful spot and is one of the most important places that you should spend time on. This particular premises and meditation inside the cave are definitely a good idea so that everyone will be able to enjoy a lot very easily.
- Laxman Temple: This is a very old temple located near the Lakshman Jhula, and the people will be able to enjoy meditation over here to seek spiritual enlightenment very well. This temple is very much famous for its ancient sculptures and carvings, so everyone can enjoy it a lot.
Hence, shifting the focus to the right options of the city in the form of Rishikesh is a good idea, and ultimately you should consider the booking of 5 star hotels in Rishikesh to enjoy the best combination of spiritual enlightenment with a stress-free trip.